Nintenbrony Forums
Nintenbrony Forums
Nintenbrony Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The best casual/hardcore gaming forum for bronies!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Indie Game - Nightmare Night

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
matt_n

Indie Game - Nightmare Night Empty
PostSubject: Indie Game - Nightmare Night   Indie Game - Nightmare Night I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 11:44 pm

WHAT UP INTERNET! My name is Matt and I am a java developer. I have been working on a new creation of mine that I like to call Nightmare Night. It is a video game being written completely from scratch. I have seen a lot of fan games that were just modifications of already made engines, but I can assure you that this is written from nothing. The render, update, control, and everything code.

First off, this game is a platformer/action/RPG/ fighting game that has at least a little bit from each genre listed.

Anyway, my attention span is short so I'll cut to the point...

The main features that this game will include are:
  • Completely written from scratch engine
  • Fighting
  • Ponies
  • Inventory management
  • Centralized server with the ability to create/join games and also saves stats
  • HD Graphycs
  • Singleplayer Story and Survival modes
  • Multiplayer PvP Arena and PvE Survival modes
  • Ponies

Here is the latest video of my progress, which by the way, I have achieved more progress since then but I have not recorded it yet:

I'm too lazy and tired to write more about my game at this moment, but I will release more information soon. I also already have quite a bit of the singleplayer story mode done on paper.
Back to top Go down
Presspass
Forum Filly
Forum Filly
Presspass

PostSubject: Re: Indie Game - Nightmare Night   Indie Game - Nightmare Night I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 8:13 pm

I'm intrigued, but I think you might have to explain or show more before we start to get the gist of this. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
benrowe
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
benrowe

PostSubject: Re: Indie Game - Nightmare Night   Indie Game - Nightmare Night I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 11:17 pm

hope you keep us posted.
Puns.
see we're on a forum.
posted
LOLOLOLOL
Back to top Go down
https://plus.google.com/u/0/105253526094259374159/posts
matt_n

PostSubject: Re: Indie Game - Nightmare Night   Indie Game - Nightmare Night I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 10:30 pm

Presspass wrote:
I'm intrigued, but I think you might have to explain or show more before we start to get the gist of this. Embarassed
It's really hard to get my idea across. I'll show off more soon. I plan on (hopefully) finishing the multiplayer code tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
matt_n

PostSubject: Re: Indie Game - Nightmare Night   Indie Game - Nightmare Night I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:12 pm

I got the multiplayer code working:

Now to polish it up.
Back to top Go down
matt_n

PostSubject: Re: Indie Game - Nightmare Night   Indie Game - Nightmare Night I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 4:24 pm

What up Nintenbrony! It's been a while since I've posted, but here is the news about this project:

Full scale development has been happening for a while. So much so that I've written an entirely new engine and have different features planned. Ignore most of the features in the list in the OP for now. This new engine is going to be capable of more. Here is a new video, but before you watch it just know that I completely got rid of the old art as I was stealing it. This new art in the game is still all placeholder, but it was either from the show itself, made by me, or made by a friend.

Another thing to note, this build is slightly out of date with my current development build. I made the background of the main menu animated and shinier.
Back to top Go down
Nintenbrony
Admin
Admin
Nintenbrony

PostSubject: Re: Indie Game - Nightmare Night   Indie Game - Nightmare Night I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 7:56 am

Yeah, it's been a while!

First of all, I didn't know we went to the same college! Running into you was hilarious! Laughing

But if you're looking for a graphic artist, why not talk to GypZtheQuaker and Negation Squared?
Back to top Go down
https://nintenbrony.forumotion.com
matt_n

PostSubject: Re: Indie Game - Nightmare Night   Indie Game - Nightmare Night I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 10:25 pm

Just posting to say that I'm still here and working on this project!

A TON of progress has been made to the engine since I last posted about it. We're going about this in a manner that we don't want to spoil some of the really cool features of this game as we want players to discover things for themselves.

We're going to be posting a special video to /collab/ on ponychan within a few days showing off some of the engine that we can show right now. The objective of this is to get some artists (both graphical and sound) who are willing to join the team. I have developed a map editor and with our plans, we will also need people who are willing to work on the game's map who have experience in map design in the past.

I will be sure to post this video up on here to display some of the work that has gone into the engine. So far, we have temporary assets that we have permission to use from these really awesome people:

I'll be sure to post here once I show off more of my engine. Until then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Indie Game - Nightmare Night   Indie Game - Nightmare Night I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Indie Game - Nightmare Night
Page 1 of 1