Nintenbrony Forums
Nintenbrony Forums
Nintenbrony Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The best casual/hardcore gaming forum for bronies!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The new lineup. Hasbro is a toy company.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BlueOneTrunk
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
BlueOneTrunk

The new lineup. Hasbro is a toy company. Empty
PostSubject: The new lineup. Hasbro is a toy company.   The new lineup. Hasbro is a toy company. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 5:53 pm

So I was thinking a lot about Hasbro today as I've been a fan of their products and adaptations for my entire life. Hasbro is a TOY Company and their main focus is "To sell toys." The reason we get animated series and comics and the like is so they can market their products to their audiences. And as a toy company, they need to market their new products. Which of course means cycling out the old products. This happens all the time for Hasbro's other toylines. An example is the awesome 1986 film Transformers: The Movie. It was a film which took the cast of the first two seasons of the cartoon and pretty much killed them all off and introduced the new cast. No characters were safe. Main characters like Optimus Prime, Megatron, and Starscream were all mercilessly killed and replaced with new characters aka NEW TOYS. Pretty much 90% of the Autobots and Decepticons from the first two seasons were gone and replaced with new characters in their place. Imagine this happening to Friendship is Magic. Characters you like, just gone. Like what if Pinkie Pie was written out? Or Rainbow Dash? Or hopefully even Fluttershy? And then they were replaced with new characters? It's hard to think about huh?

Just watch this video

The old Autobots Brawn, Prowl, Ratchet, Ironhide, Wincharger, and Wheeljack in the video. Plus Optimus Prime and others in the rest of the film. All characters are expendable.

Back to top Go down
teenbrony7388
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
teenbrony7388

PostSubject: Re: The new lineup. Hasbro is a toy company.   The new lineup. Hasbro is a toy company. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 8:46 pm

"Hopefully Fluttershy?" Sad
Back to top Go down
BlueOneTrunk
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
BlueOneTrunk

PostSubject: Re: The new lineup. Hasbro is a toy company.   The new lineup. Hasbro is a toy company. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 9:28 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing Fluttershy being replaced with a brand new character. Like this.
Badass animation and stuff.

Back to top Go down
teenbrony7388
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
teenbrony7388

PostSubject: Re: The new lineup. Hasbro is a toy company.   The new lineup. Hasbro is a toy company. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 10:28 pm

Well, if she was replaced, it would be a pony similar to her.

I'm defending Fluttershy so much because I relate to her on so many levels. I was made fun of and ridiculed by everyone, and was too shy to do something about it, probably the fault of my aspergers syndrome.

And besides, the rest of the fans have grown too accustomed to this character for her to be replaced. The writers aren't stupid.

But yeah, my two bits.

(P.S. I think we've all known that Hasbro is a toy-selling company.) Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
BlueOneTrunk
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
BlueOneTrunk

PostSubject: Re: The new lineup. Hasbro is a toy company.   The new lineup. Hasbro is a toy company. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 11:56 pm

Well, Fluttershy is unstable to me. She could crack at any moment. The "You're GOING TO LOVE ME!" scene is what drove the nail into the crevice of my dislike for her. But, they could cycle out the entire cast. I think it'd be interesting. There are only so many stories you can tell with the same characters before it gets repetitive. I don't want these characters going down the route of them becoming stale.
Back to top Go down
Nintenbrony
Admin
Admin
Nintenbrony

PostSubject: Re: The new lineup. Hasbro is a toy company.   The new lineup. Hasbro is a toy company. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 12:02 am

They would never write off a character like that for MLP. The fanbase would cry too much foul over it.

When they took "Derpy" away without telling anyone, it made a lot of the fandom mad.
Back to top Go down
https://nintenbrony.forumotion.com
BlueOneTrunk
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
BlueOneTrunk

PostSubject: Re: The new lineup. Hasbro is a toy company.   The new lineup. Hasbro is a toy company. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 12:14 am

You don't know that. They KILLED Optimus Prime. It broke the hearts of children everywhere. My cousin locked himself in his room for three days. I think they could write out the entire cast though. It'd be interesting.
Back to top Go down
benrowe
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
benrowe

PostSubject: Re: The new lineup. Hasbro is a toy company.   The new lineup. Hasbro is a toy company. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 4:25 pm

I don't think that they will replace the main cast but maybe add more characters. The mane six will still be the mane six.
Back to top Go down
https://plus.google.com/u/0/105253526094259374159/posts
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new lineup. Hasbro is a toy company.   The new lineup. Hasbro is a toy company. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The new lineup. Hasbro is a toy company.
Page 1 of 1