Nintenbrony Forums
Nintenbrony Forums
Nintenbrony Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The best casual/hardcore gaming forum for bronies!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

King Sombra's origin theory.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BlueOneTrunk
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
BlueOneTrunk

King Sombra's origin theory. Empty
PostSubject: King Sombra's origin theory.   King Sombra's origin theory. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 2:17 pm

I got bored and made up a history for King Sombra cause nobody on the show felt he was worth having one.

Sombra began life as a simple pony. His life was rather uninteresting aside from one thing. His father. Sombra's father was a brooding, distant man, who's only interactions with his son being limited to one action: Violence. Sombra's father would beat him mercilessly for anything at all, and sometimes, for no reason at all. There was only one time when Sombra had seen his father truly happy. One night, Sombra and his family went to the circus. A clown came up to Sombra's father and dropped his trousers. Sombra's father laughed and laughed. So the very next night, Sombra had a plan. Wearing his father's very best Sunday pants, Sombra did a pratfall and tore the crotch clean off the pants! Sombra received a broken nose that night. Continuing through life, Sombra managed to life relatively normally. He got a job at a chemical plant, and even managed to get married. His life would have been fine, if not for one thing. He felt incredibly unfulfilled. His true joy in life was making people laugh, like he had always wanted to do with his father. So Sombra quit his job at the chemical plant and took up Stand Up Comedy. But there was a problem. Nobody found him funny. Frustrated, Sombra didn't know what to do, when his wife announced she was pregnant. He wasn't making any money, and the money he did have saved up from his job at the chemical plant was quickly drying up. There was no way he'd be able to support his wife and upcoming child when he couldn't make any money by making people laugh. He became desperate, and it led him to the Red Hoof Syndicate. The Red Hoof Syndicate was a gang which had been planning a heist of a Crystal Depository which was located next to the chemical plant where Sombra had worked. Sombra agreed to help them break through the chemical plant and into the Crystal Depository. Soon after he met with the members of the Red Hoof Syndicate, a police officer came up to Sombra and informed him that his wife had died in a household accident. Filled with grief, he was unwilling to continue with the heist, yet far too involved stop. So that night, the Red Hoof Syndicate had Sombra wear a costume and assume the identity of the Red Hoof, the supposed leader of the gang. The Syndicate usually had the in-man of their operations wear the outfit so that nobody knew their true leader. They broke into the plant and were proceeding to the plant, but things went against their plans. Princess Luna had been investigating the Red Hoof Syndicate and had deduced that they planned the heist on this night. She dispensed with the gang members and confronted Sombra, whom she believed to be the leader of the Red Hoof Syndicate. Filled with fear from the Princess of the Night, Sombra fell into a vat of chemicals, and Princess Luna assumed he had met a sticky end. But Sombra survived. Going through waste disposal, Sombra washed up on the shore where the chemicals were dumped. Removing the costume of the Red Hoof, Sombra saw he was no longer the pony he once was. His body had been changed by the chemicals, his coat had become black and burned, his eyes became green, and his horn was a sickly blood red. Seeing his appearance, his mind broke. He began to laugh and laugh and laugh. Finally he calmed down, and spoke to himself, saying just one word. "Crystals.....", before turning into smoke with a laugh which chilled bones. He was no longer Sombra, failed comedian. He was now King Sombra, dictator obsessed with Crystals.

And from there he went to conquer the Crystal Empire and the history detailed on the show picks up.
Back to top Go down
teenbrony7388
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
teenbrony7388

PostSubject: Re: King Sombra's origin theory.   King Sombra's origin theory. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 6:15 pm

King Sombra = The Joker

Nice try, buddy. You're not fooling me.

Although King Sombra becoming the Joker could make sense.....

ah wait. Discord fills that role better.
Back to top Go down
Nintenbrony
Admin
Admin
Nintenbrony

PostSubject: Re: King Sombra's origin theory.   King Sombra's origin theory. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 10:32 pm

Wow, I would have never guessed the Joker! I actually didn't know the whole backstory of the Joker. I knew he fell in chemicals and all. You should try a fan fiction of it!
Back to top Go down
https://nintenbrony.forumotion.com
BlueOneTrunk
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
BlueOneTrunk

PostSubject: Re: King Sombra's origin theory.   King Sombra's origin theory. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 1:41 pm

King Sombra's origin theory. 18826__safe_animated_princess-luna_human_batman_the-joker_luna-punch

It all makes sense now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: King Sombra's origin theory.   King Sombra's origin theory. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

King Sombra's origin theory.
Page 1 of 1