Nintenbrony Forums
Nintenbrony Forums
Nintenbrony Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The best casual/hardcore gaming forum for bronies!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 3 Episode 9 "Spike At Your Service"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nintenbrony
Admin
Admin
Nintenbrony

friendship - My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 3 Episode 9 "Spike At Your Service" Empty
PostSubject: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 3 Episode 9 "Spike At Your Service"   friendship - My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 3 Episode 9 "Spike At Your Service" I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 5:26 pm

This episode probably wasn't my favorite of the season. Then again, I really never liked any Spike-oriented episodes.

Applejack is a total badass after fighting off a whole pack of timerwolves!

and why is Spike so loyal to Twilight then? Did she herself save Spike from danger or was it just maternal instinct that kicked in once he hatched?
Back to top Go down
https://nintenbrony.forumotion.com
Robotoss
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Robotoss

friendship - My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 3 Episode 9 "Spike At Your Service" Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 3 Episode 9 "Spike At Your Service"   friendship - My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 3 Episode 9 "Spike At Your Service" I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 2:48 am

IMO, this was one of the better episodes so far in the new season. Even though this is labeled as a Spike episode, it felt more like an Applejack episode, unlike the last one. Overall, not the greatest, but still a good one nonetheless.

ALSO, why are the timberwolves CG? They look CG to me. Am I crazy? confused
Back to top Go down
BlueOneTrunk
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
BlueOneTrunk

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 3 Episode 9 "Spike At Your Service"   friendship - My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 3 Episode 9 "Spike At Your Service" I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 10:51 am

This episode played out like an episode of Jar-Jar Binks the TV series. It was full of unfunny prop comedy, poorly executed slapstick, and a really rushed conclusion. I did not care for it at all.

But of course I'm just spoiled by the high quality cartoons I grew up with. I grew up watching Batman: The Animated Series which consistently took itself really seriously and took it's audience seriously while still being within the conventional children's show format. Same goes with Animaniacs. I just hold Friendship is Magic to a high standard, and I can recognize when something isn't up to snuff. It just felt to me like it was an episode which seemed like it was hastily thrown together and overall is entirely forgettable.
Back to top Go down
teenbrony7388
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
teenbrony7388

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 3 Episode 9 "Spike At Your Service"   friendship - My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 3 Episode 9 "Spike At Your Service" I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 4:22 pm

I'm just happy that Applejack finally got some love these past episodes!

She got a song, she's a total badass, and she's getting closer to #1 on my pony list.
But nopony can beat this Twilight Sparkle. Smile

And the humor is great! Who doesn't like humor, honestly?
Back to top Go down
gamerectangle
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
gamerectangle

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 3 Episode 9 "Spike At Your Service"   friendship - My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 3 Episode 9 "Spike At Your Service" I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 7:18 pm

element of honesty...
alright episode not one of my favorites but at least pinkie pies mustache was hilarious
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/gamerectangle
BlueOneTrunk
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
BlueOneTrunk

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 3 Episode 9 "Spike At Your Service"   friendship - My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 3 Episode 9 "Spike At Your Service" I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 12:43 pm

Teenbrony, I have to tell you that while I do love humor, when it's forced, contrived, and insulting to my intelligence, I find it pretty bullshit.

Take the movie Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen. I hate that movie with every fiber of my existence. The main reason? It's attempts at humor which were just vulgar and insulting. Why have actual humor when you can have dogs humping? And not just dogs humping....BUT HAVING DOGS HUMP MULTIPLE TIMES! OH MY GOOD GOLLY GOSH! Or what about a robot humping Megan Fox? Someone's ass on the big screen? Robot testicles? How about racist robots?

Anyway, I found the attempts at humor in this episode to be incredibly forced. I call total BS and hopefully the next episode will please me.
Back to top Go down
Nintenbrony
Admin
Admin
Nintenbrony

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 3 Episode 9 "Spike At Your Service"   friendship - My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 3 Episode 9 "Spike At Your Service" I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 4:23 pm

You know, with that explanation, I can see where you are coming from. Transformers 2 was not funny at all. The only good thing was staring at Megan Fox for 2 hours! Wink

Most of the jokes here were kinda forced. The only funny parts I liked was where Spike explained why the Timerwolf was fake. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy brohoofing was hilarious! The other one was when Spike and Applejack brohoofed at the end. Hasbro had to sneak that one in!

Honestly, I didn't expect much humor from this episode because it was a Spike episode. Whenever I see a Spike episode, I have low expectations for it right away.
Back to top Go down
https://nintenbrony.forumotion.com
teenbrony7388
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
teenbrony7388

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 3 Episode 9 "Spike At Your Service"   friendship - My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 3 Episode 9 "Spike At Your Service" I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 6:19 pm

What I meant by that is that who doesn't love good humor?

But yeah, everyone has different tastes when it comes to humor, or anything really.

Everybody has their own opinion! Smile
Back to top Go down
BlueOneTrunk
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
BlueOneTrunk

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 3 Episode 9 "Spike At Your Service"   friendship - My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 3 Episode 9 "Spike At Your Service" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 1:10 pm

Everyone does have their own opinion. I just usually feel obligated to agree with my own.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 3 Episode 9 "Spike At Your Service"   friendship - My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 3 Episode 9 "Spike At Your Service" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 3 Episode 9 "Spike At Your Service"
Page 1 of 1