Nintenbrony Forums
Nintenbrony Forums
Nintenbrony Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The best casual/hardcore gaming forum for bronies!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

*SPOILER ALERT* Season 3 Finale Episode 13: Magical Mystery Cure

Go down 
+3
gamerectangle
teenbrony7388
Nintenbrony
7 posters
AuthorMessage
teenbrony7388
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
teenbrony7388

*SPOILER ALERT* Season 3 Finale Episode 13: Magical Mystery Cure - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *SPOILER ALERT* Season 3 Finale Episode 13: Magical Mystery Cure    *SPOILER ALERT* Season 3 Finale Episode 13: Magical Mystery Cure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 6:43 pm

After watching this video, I agree with EVERYTHING that this episode had to offer.

And I also hate musicals and this musical-like episode was great.
Back to top Go down
gamerectangle
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
gamerectangle

PostSubject: Re: *SPOILER ALERT* Season 3 Finale Episode 13: Magical Mystery Cure    *SPOILER ALERT* Season 3 Finale Episode 13: Magical Mystery Cure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 7:18 pm

i dont know why but i feel like adding a few points, in greater detail.
song number 1: a very positive song and it makes me smile when i listen to it.
that to me makes a good song.
song number 2: it does its job, tells the basic problem but that could be considered a problem as it only tells the basic problem and doesn't go into much detail but what detail could it have gone into anyway?
a good song by the way.
song number 3: ALL OF MY FEELS! seriously this song grabs the scene and displays it perfectly, showing that everybody is feeling the effects of what twilight done.
song 4: i like this song, very upbeat BUT here is one of the problems with this episode this song and the second make it so that the episode doesn't get explained too much but ill talk about that later.
song 5: i love this song and its visuals, it does its job well also Celestia is a great singer.
song 6: it reminded me of one of those songs they sing in church around christmas but i suppose it was appropriate
song 7: basically number 1 but i suppose its where well come back to in season 4.
-----------------------------------------
now the main problem i find is that half way through they change the plot entirely. it's as if they took a plot for a normal episode and worked it in as an excuse to give twilight royalty, honestly if they made song 2 and 5 flesh out a bit more and started from hen she gets the package then it could be a single episode.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/gamerectangle
Robotoss
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Robotoss

PostSubject: Re: *SPOILER ALERT* Season 3 Finale Episode 13: Magical Mystery Cure    *SPOILER ALERT* Season 3 Finale Episode 13: Magical Mystery Cure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 10:01 pm

Huh. I'm honestly surprised with how well they were able to pull off such a drastic change in character. The whole time leading up to the episode I was worried that this would be a huge negative blow for the fandom, but I was gladly proved wrong. It certainly was not the greatest episode of the season, but it was in no way a bad one. The main issue that I had with it was that there were like, 6 different songs! it felt more like mlp fim the musical. it really threw off the pacing and feel for the show. I still have not come to accept her change (I will probably always think of her as a unicorn) but I am pleasantly surprised, and cannot wait for season 4!

*also, since this is only the first episode of a potential 3 parter, I am even more anxious for the next season*

Back to top Go down
benrowe
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
benrowe

PostSubject: Re: *SPOILER ALERT* Season 3 Finale Episode 13: Magical Mystery Cure    *SPOILER ALERT* Season 3 Finale Episode 13: Magical Mystery Cure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 11:48 am

I'm realy not sure why I don't like this episode. The passing was really fast in it and I would rather it be slower. I didn't like the songs (Except a true true friend), but perhaps I was a bit hard on it in reality it was a good episode, just not one I PERSONALLY liked a lot.
Back to top Go down
https://plus.google.com/u/0/105253526094259374159/posts
BlueOneTrunk
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
BlueOneTrunk

PostSubject: Re: *SPOILER ALERT* Season 3 Finale Episode 13: Magical Mystery Cure    *SPOILER ALERT* Season 3 Finale Episode 13: Magical Mystery Cure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 12:48 am

Back to top Go down
benrowe
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
benrowe

PostSubject: Re: *SPOILER ALERT* Season 3 Finale Episode 13: Magical Mystery Cure    *SPOILER ALERT* Season 3 Finale Episode 13: Magical Mystery Cure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 9:51 am

Okay I was REALY hard on this episode. I like it (only after watching it 3 times) Most of the songs are good (Except the slow sad one, like I said it sounds like a bad pop song, and I hat pop. New review 8/10 extraordinary.
Back to top Go down
gamerectangle
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
gamerectangle

PostSubject: Re: *SPOILER ALERT* Season 3 Finale Episode 13: Magical Mystery Cure    *SPOILER ALERT* Season 3 Finale Episode 13: Magical Mystery Cure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 5:33 pm

benrowe wrote:
Okay I was REALY hard on this episode. I like it (only after watching it 3 times) Most of the songs are good (Except the slow sad one, like I said it sounds like a bad pop song, and I hat pop. New review 8/10 extraordinary.
sense has finally reached you good sir
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/gamerectangle
benrowe
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
benrowe

PostSubject: Re: *SPOILER ALERT* Season 3 Finale Episode 13: Magical Mystery Cure    *SPOILER ALERT* Season 3 Finale Episode 13: Magical Mystery Cure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 8:58 pm

I'm sorry, but something about the episode was originally.... unsettling, perhaps it was because the first time a watched it my non-brony friend was in the room.
Back to top Go down
Duskfall
Admin
Admin
Duskfall

PostSubject: Re: *SPOILER ALERT* Season 3 Finale Episode 13: Magical Mystery Cure    *SPOILER ALERT* Season 3 Finale Episode 13: Magical Mystery Cure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 8:50 pm

I dunno. I gave the episode another shot, and I still have the same quarrels that I've had originally. It got to the point too damn quickly. There's nothing particularly wrong with that, I just don't like it myself.
Back to top Go down
BlueOneTrunk
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
BlueOneTrunk

PostSubject: Re: *SPOILER ALERT* Season 3 Finale Episode 13: Magical Mystery Cure    *SPOILER ALERT* Season 3 Finale Episode 13: Magical Mystery Cure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 4:39 am

You know I had doubts but I was stunned how they were able to pull it all together. The whole season makes sense in retrospect.

Twilight needed to become the a princess because they need four in order to cast the spell.

And how awesome was the design on that monster. It was like something of Lovecraft. They really didn’t pull any punches.

Plus, The origin of the princesses was well explained and Cadence’s back story was so moving. You really get a sense of her character that we’ve have never seen up until this point.

I totally agree this was the way to go and I can’t wait until season 4.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *SPOILER ALERT* Season 3 Finale Episode 13: Magical Mystery Cure    *SPOILER ALERT* Season 3 Finale Episode 13: Magical Mystery Cure - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

*SPOILER ALERT* Season 3 Finale Episode 13: Magical Mystery Cure
Page 1 of 1