Nintenbrony Forums
Nintenbrony Forums
Nintenbrony Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The best casual/hardcore gaming forum for bronies!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ponies and Gundam

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BlueOneTrunk
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
BlueOneTrunk

Ponies and Gundam Empty
PostSubject: Ponies and Gundam   Ponies and Gundam I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 6:28 pm

*Possible Spoilers*
I just found an interesting parallel between My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and Turn A Gundam.

Turn A Gundam is the culmination of all Gundam stories. It takes place so far into the future that the Planet Earth had restarted a bunch of times and the stories of the other Gundam Universes had taken place. Or something like that. It's kinda vague. So anyway, it starts with Royalty from the Moon coming down to Earth to get vengeance and take control of the Planet. Earth is currently in a Early 1900's level of civilization.

Using an ancient device, the main character helps to somewhat repel the invading force (WAAAAAAAY more complicated than that, but I'll save it for if anyone ever wants to watch it.)

Anyway, so the show goes on and they find a bunch of ancient weapons buried on the Earth and they eventually go up to the moon.

Here's where the parallels to the Season 3 finale come about.

They go to a weird room where floating screens pop up just like in Ponies. These screens to show scenes of the past but these screens are mostly of final battles and other fights from the various Gundam franchises.

But then, it's revealed that the main mobile suit of the show had sprouted wings and destroyed all of civilization by destroying all technology and thus causing the Black History to come about.

So Alicorn Twilight is going to be the end of the world. Totally called it.
Back to top Go down

Ponies and Gundam
Page 1 of 1