Nintenbrony Forums
Nintenbrony Forums
Nintenbrony Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The best casual/hardcore gaming forum for bronies!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sweet Closure

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
teenbrony7388
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
teenbrony7388

Sweet Closure Empty
PostSubject: Sweet Closure   Sweet Closure I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 11:00 pm

Okay, I know that a lot of forum members dislike DEATH BATTLE.
But the new Goku vs. Superman episode was just released.
Rather than argue in the comments, I implore that you watch the episode yourselves.

If you decide not to, that's up to you.
But please.
Please.
For me? Sleep

Or if you don't want to I can just tell you who wins.
Watch the episode or me tell it to you?
Back to top Go down
BlueOneTrunk
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
BlueOneTrunk

Sweet Closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Closure   Sweet Closure I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 12:18 am

I agree with the outcome, but I totally disagree with the statistics. Goku increased his base strength and power immensely and thus his Super Saiyan forms would have a much higher output than indicated by the video. Also, Superman could have finished Goku with the heat vision in the first place because his heat vision is much hotter than the sun and Goku has been known kill people of roughly the same or higher strength by shooting them into the sun. All in all, it was under researched as usual, and the circumstances did not equate a "Death Battle" by any means because Superman wasn't characterized as looking for a fight.
Back to top Go down
teenbrony7388
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
teenbrony7388

Sweet Closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Closure   Sweet Closure I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 5:32 pm

Actually, the sun is basically ANYONE'S weakness (besides Superman's).
You could kill almost anyone by throwing them into the sun.

But has Superman ever shot someone once with his basic heat vision and they burst into flames?
Dragon Ball Z characters may die a lot thanks to the sun, but that doesn't mean that anything sun-related will instantly kill them.

And even though you say that Goku's strength must have a higher output than in the battle, it still wouldn't compare to Superman's.
And they don't slack off here. They have gotten EXPERTS from every possible source, even the author of a book all about "IT'S OVER 9000!"

But hey, doesn't matter. Who lost lost, and who won won. It's all in good fun.

That rhymed. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
BlueOneTrunk
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
BlueOneTrunk

Sweet Closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Closure   Sweet Closure I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 8:39 pm

Justice Lords Superman killed Doomsday who is equal to Superman and regular Superman harmed Darkseid, a being several levels above his own durability. Also it's hotter than the sun, aka its gonna burn you into oblivion if the sun can kill you. Superman has avoided this by never shooting anyone with his heat vision ever. Typically if he wanted to burn you, you'd be burnt already.
Back to top Go down
Nintenbrony
Admin
Admin
Nintenbrony

Sweet Closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Closure   Sweet Closure I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 10:20 pm

I did see it! GypZtheQuaker had a livestream of it and never announced it here!

I wanted Goku to win, but we all knew Superman was going to win. Out of all the characters in science-fiction/fantasy, Superman is in a tier and league of his own.

Goku might have been the more-skilled fighter, his power was dwarfed by Superman!

Anyways, in the new DBZ movie, Goku is going to fight the God of Destruction! With whatever they are going to put in that movie, it will be interesting to see!
Back to top Go down
https://nintenbrony.forumotion.com
BlueOneTrunk
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
BlueOneTrunk

Sweet Closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Closure   Sweet Closure I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 11:37 pm

It's gonna be something alright. Pre-GT Dragon Ball goodness.
Back to top Go down
teenbrony7388
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
teenbrony7388

Sweet Closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Closure   Sweet Closure I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 12:25 am

I find it weird that I'm getting into Dragon Ball Z, yet I haven't seen an entire full episode!

Not really sure if I wanna watch it or not. Heard it takes forever just for a story arc to finish. :unsure:
Back to top Go down
Nintenbrony
Admin
Admin
Nintenbrony

Sweet Closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Closure   Sweet Closure I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 1:04 am

Start with the original Dragon Ball. It takes place when Goku is 12-years old and starts his journey to discover the Dragon Balls. A lot of the minor characters are introduced here. It's good to know them before DBZ because they soon fade away as minor support characters or useless background characters that are used for slap-stick comedy. After the Saiyan Saga in DBZ, half the Z Fighters are shadowed away for basically the rest of the series with an occasional fight or two for them.

It explains the Dragon Balls, How Goku got so strong, Piccolo's "birth" (His race was introduced as a demon before DBZ made him a slug alien race).

I actually prefer Dragon Ball over DBZ and DB:GT. It has better symphony music, Funimation hired great voice actors, and it wasn't afraid to show adult humor. Japanese anime have a different taste of humor than typical Americans do; because some of their humor we classify as code-red.

Though the absolute best part about Dragon Ball over the other two is it has the BEST FIGHTS. In Dragon Ball, there were few fighters who could actually use Ki, and they were at such low power levels, they didn't rely on Ki blast spam. They relied more on hand-on-hand martial art combat! Best of all, the majority of them didn't know how to fly, so it was really fair fights! in comparrison to the fights:

Dragon Ball: More physical, less energy blasts. Skills were called "Techniques" and we're very difficult to master

Dragon Ball Z: A mixture of physical and energy blasts. Now all moves are skills, and everyone flies. No exceptions

Dragon Ball GT: Worst of the three. All Energy attacks, NO PHYSICAL. It's basically one with the strongest Kamehameha wins!

Last edited by Nintenbrony on Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://nintenbrony.forumotion.com
BlueOneTrunk
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
BlueOneTrunk

Sweet Closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Closure   Sweet Closure I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 2:14 am

I recommend Dragon Ball. It's one of the few anime I still tolerate. It's a good arc going from Goku being 12 to him being 18 at the end. He's a likeable protagonist and the side cast is enjoyable too. Dragon Ball Z I like until Cell. Afterwards it got dull. I found the Cell ending to be a perfect end to the series. And yeah, the fights are damn exciting in Dragon Ball. Particularly during the world tournaments. Plus it actually had emotional depth when a character died.

Also, Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z/Dragon Ball GT all have a much better pace than any of the other Anime crap around now. Particularly if you read it. They also re-edited Dragon Ball Z as Dragon Ball Kai and it's the good arcs with all the nonsense cut out to be about 100 episodes. Most people avoid GT like the plague anyway, so don't bother.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sweet Closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Closure   Sweet Closure I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sweet Closure
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nintenbrony Forums :: Non-Pony :: General Discussion-
Jump to: