Nintenbrony Forums
Nintenbrony Forums
Nintenbrony Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The best casual/hardcore gaming forum for bronies!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Atari and THQ Filing for Bankruptcy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nintenbrony
Admin
Admin
Nintenbrony

Atari and THQ Filing for Bankruptcy Empty
PostSubject: Atari and THQ Filing for Bankruptcy   Atari and THQ Filing for Bankruptcy I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 11:57 pm

A few days ago, two video game companies filed for bankruptcy: Atari and THQ. Those companies are pretty big companies in third-party gaming.

Atari: Atari was one of the giant greats in the 70s-80s with Pong and the Atari 2600. After the video game market crash of 1983 (and a little help from ET and Pac Man...) Atari has been hurting ever since. They went from a first party to a third party gaming company; and have been working sides with all first party gaming consoles ever since. Atari never recovered, and I guess it finally took 30 years to finally kill it... Sad

THQ: THQ made a lot of movie deal games. Small-time American company. They did make the evil Pinkie Pie's Party for Nintendo DS Surprised
Back to top Go down
https://nintenbrony.forumotion.com
SuperMario2199
Admin
Admin
SuperMario2199

PostSubject: Re: Atari and THQ Filing for Bankruptcy   Atari and THQ Filing for Bankruptcy I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 1:10 am

damn, hard to believe this. Atari used be first party until after the Atari Jaguar and became Hasbro Interactive, then was acquired by Infograms and then renamed Atari. I remember playing Atari's famous game, RollerCoaster Tycoon, which is one of my first PC games and one of my favorite PC games.
Back to top Go down
Duskfall
Admin
Admin
Duskfall

PostSubject: Re: Atari and THQ Filing for Bankruptcy   Atari and THQ Filing for Bankruptcy I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 11:29 pm

I believe THQ was bought by SEGA... they better not ruin WH40k and Company of Heroes...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Atari and THQ Filing for Bankruptcy   Atari and THQ Filing for Bankruptcy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Atari and THQ Filing for Bankruptcy
Page 1 of 1