Nintenbrony Forums
Nintenbrony Forums
Nintenbrony Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The best casual/hardcore gaming forum for bronies!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Equestria Girls

Go down 
+5
gamerectangle
BlueOneTrunk
teenbrony7388
Robotoss
Nintenbrony
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
gamerectangle
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
gamerectangle

Equestria Girls  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equestria Girls    Equestria Girls  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 2:14 pm

BlueOneTrunk wrote:
Unfortunately I moved from the Bay Area in 2005.

But Season 3 was an abomination. I hated the vast majority of it and if need be, I can tear it a new one.
Crystal empire - Very entertaining though the villain was flawed
Too Many Pinkie Pies - decent level of humor
One Bad Apple - has one of the best songs in the show

Magic Duel - SuspectTwisted EvilSuspectTwisted EvilSuspectTwisted Evil
Sleepless in Ponyville - a Scootaloo episode done rather well and shows us some of RD's and Scoot's characters

Wonderbolts Academy - more insight into RD

Apple Family Reunion - some flaws but has a good song

Spike at Your Service - Spike shows some character... but in the long scheme of things it doesn't make much sense
Keep Calm and Flutter On - 

Just for Sidekicks - quite funny but flawed. its a Spike episode after all

Games Ponies Play - everything was too obvious so i see your point here. entertaining at least
Magical mystery cure - could have been done better but the songs were good and leaves many possibilities for season
sure its your opinion but this is just how i felt about the season.
-----------------
on a side note I did see a leak of it and it was decent. Doesn't make much sense in how any of the characters reacted to anything but it was funny at least. also it has nothing to do with the future of MLP except 
Spoiler:
also the pacing was off during the movie just saying
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/gamerectangle
Duskfall
Admin
Admin
Duskfall

PostSubject: Re: Equestria Girls    Equestria Girls  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 12:04 am

Well from the leaks I've watched (basically just the title sequence and then some), at least EqG is well animated. Can't say much more until my meetup on the 8th of July
Back to top Go down
Oathkeeper
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Oathkeeper

PostSubject: Re: Equestria Girls    Equestria Girls  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 12:27 am

I've only watched the intro also, so I'll agree with you that it looks well animated. I hope the rest of it looks just as good. But I'll have to wait and see. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/oathkeeper13
Nintenbrony
Admin
Admin
Nintenbrony

PostSubject: Re: Equestria Girls    Equestria Girls  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 12:46 am

DVD & Bluray comes out August 8.

Say, if this hits Youtube, I think we could have a MOVIE NIGHT on a Youtube stream!
Back to top Go down
https://nintenbrony.forumotion.com
Oathkeeper
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Oathkeeper

PostSubject: Re: Equestria Girls    Equestria Girls  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 1:04 am

Yes! I'd be all for a movie night stream thingamajig if it hits YouTube eventually.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/oathkeeper13
teenbrony7388
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
teenbrony7388

PostSubject: Re: Equestria Girls    Equestria Girls  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 12:20 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayZq_Z8AVko&list=HL1372259935

You're welcome.

Pretty decent movie in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
BlueOneTrunk
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
BlueOneTrunk

PostSubject: Re: Equestria Girls    Equestria Girls  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 6:01 pm

Better video quality and not cut up. But still, I didn't like it. Too much fan service and the pacing is awful.
Back to top Go down
Nintenbrony
Admin
Admin
Nintenbrony

PostSubject: Re: Equestria Girls    Equestria Girls  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 12:20 am

This movie... I have to apologize and take my thoughts back on it. This... was...... AWESOME!

I really don't like movies as much. I can't sit there for about 90 minutes and do nothing. I have to get up and do something halfway through or else I go nuts! This was the first video I sat through the whole way and enjoyed the whole thing!

It was so incredible, I am going to buy the DVD; and I don't even have a DVD player! I might want to get a PS2 from Gamestop so I can play it. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
https://nintenbrony.forumotion.com
BlueOneTrunk
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
BlueOneTrunk

PostSubject: Re: Equestria Girls    Equestria Girls  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 12:32 am

I thought the pacing was horrid, the songs unnecessary, and the resolutions to the plot were idiotic. As well with a lot of fan service and pandering.
Back to top Go down
teenbrony7388
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
teenbrony7388

PostSubject: Re: Equestria Girls    Equestria Girls  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 11:51 am

Although I will admit that there are obvious flaws with this movie, that doesn't mean that it's terrible. It's just decent.

But there wasn't THAT much fan service in there.

There was Vinyl Scratch, Trixie, and Derpy at the end credits.........

2 MULCH PHAN SERVICE

And it wasn't paced too awful either. At least we see Twilight getting used to her new, primate body. At least we see when Twilight is worried when she tells her alternate friends the truth about her origins.

I will say though, I didn't think that the Sailor Moon-like transformation things were a good idea. I guess I just went okay with the concept though.
Back to top Go down
BlueOneTrunk
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
BlueOneTrunk

PostSubject: Re: Equestria Girls    Equestria Girls  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 3:23 am

It wasn't a horrible abomination. But for a theatrical release of a movie spun off a TV series, there are many better comparatively.
Back to top Go down
Duskfall
Admin
Admin
Duskfall

PostSubject: Re: Equestria Girls    Equestria Girls  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 12:48 am

I just watched EqG yesterday. I thought it was a great movie. Obviously it could have been better, but it definitely was not the abomination that everyone made it out to be a couple months back. While there were some fan service appearances, they were mostly placed in the corner or somewhere way back in the background. Most references (a pegasis in the theater pointed out a few things that I missed, so I'm not sure I caught everything) only do so toward things already in the show and are not from the fandom. For example, Twilight meeting Fluttershy in the human world referenced the two meeting each other in the pony world. Vinyl's appearance wasn't ground breaking I think. Most high school dances nowadays have DJ's, and Vinyl is a character they've already created and can reuse (after making a EqG version of her) as a DJ. And Derpy's cameo at the end... well. It was blatant fan service, but they stuck it at the very end of the credits? Do you really think the kids are going to stay and watch all of the credits?

I don't understand why people made such a big deal out of Twilight's crush on Flash Sentry. High school crushes, relationships and the like will always be present in high school. In fact, I think it was a smart move to stick that in and the way the production team handled it was very good.
Let's look at the things that Flash And Twilight did together:

• Bump into each other (not even relationship related)
  • Flash saves her from fraud (if you had the power to do so, wouldn't you?)
  • Dance

They didn't even get that intimate.

So yea, I'd give EqG like 3.5 or 4 stars out of 5.
Bear in mind that the movie is only an hour and 15 minutes long.
Back to top Go down
BlueOneTrunk
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
BlueOneTrunk

PostSubject: Re: Equestria Girls    Equestria Girls  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 1:27 pm

But when compared to other movies of it's kind like Batman: Mask of the Phantasm or Transformers the Movie (1986) this doesn't do anything for me. Perhaps I just have higher standards for my theatrical releases of movies spun off of television cartoons.
Back to top Go down
benrowe
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
benrowe

PostSubject: Re: Equestria Girls    Equestria Girls  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 2:05 pm

this will (probably) come out on netflix so I'll watch it then. I'll see how good they did then. (BTW blue season three was not that bad, just obnoxiously short). Do they encounter meat or do they pop up in a vegetarian school?I remember some guy placing them between 15 and 16 years old in a video once. He was pretty darn accurate XD. Ponies still mature much faster than humans do though. There generally in there jobs by then.
Back to top Go down
https://plus.google.com/u/0/105253526094259374159/posts
BlueOneTrunk
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
BlueOneTrunk

PostSubject: Re: Equestria Girls    Equestria Girls  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 10:02 pm

I'm spoiled by the other cartoons I watch. Season 3 was not up to snub for my standards.
Back to top Go down
benrowe
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
benrowe

PostSubject: Re: Equestria Girls    Equestria Girls  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 11:48 pm

okay blue, i trust you
Back to top Go down
https://plus.google.com/u/0/105253526094259374159/posts
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Equestria Girls    Equestria Girls  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Equestria Girls
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2