Nintenbrony Forums
Nintenbrony Forums
Nintenbrony Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The best casual/hardcore gaming forum for bronies!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pokémon discussion and talk

Go down 
+3
Nintenbrony
Cairnth
Robotoss
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Robotoss
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Robotoss

Pokémon discussion and talk Empty
PostSubject: Pokémon discussion and talk   Pokémon discussion and talk I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 9:35 pm

Since I didn't see a thread for pokémon, I thought I should start one. So...discuss different pokémon you like, chat about the games, getting matches and such together; anything pokémon related!
Back to top Go down
Cairnth
Forum Filly
Forum Filly
Cairnth

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon discussion and talk   Pokémon discussion and talk I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 9:42 pm

Blaziken is best Pokémon.

Lul, not really, just my favourite. I have a Blaziken called Dalek Food, my first ever Pokémon. Also quite like Golurk and Garchomp. Also, I want it to be known that I liked Garchomp before I properly knew about playing Pokémon and I did not pick him for the uber.

My favourite game would have to be Black, and my favourite gen is V. Kinda funny that my favourite Pokémon isn't from my favourite gen. The first game I played was Emerald three years ago, then HG, then Black, so I'm not exactly a veteran.
Back to top Go down
Robotoss
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Robotoss

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon discussion and talk   Pokémon discussion and talk I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 9:51 pm

Well, I started off with good ol' pokémon blue, so my taste in favorites is kinda old fashioned. Gotta say that my favorite starter is Squirtle; while my favorite non-starter has to be a tie between Scyther and Gyarados. those guys just feel like bosses to me. Also, favorite gen has to be I, but I play more IV currently.
Back to top Go down
Nintenbrony
Admin
Admin
Nintenbrony

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon discussion and talk   Pokémon discussion and talk I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 10:25 pm

I started out with the good ole Red version! I released my Charizard on accident, and beat the game with my Beedrill as the star player on the team! Laughing

Other than that, I am really good with Normal and Flying type Pokemon. I try to work with others.
Back to top Go down
https://nintenbrony.forumotion.com
SuperMario2199
Admin
Admin
SuperMario2199

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon discussion and talk   Pokémon discussion and talk I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 10:30 pm

well I started out with the Yellow version. My favorite generation is V. Even though I have the newer ones, I still love playing the Pokemon games for the Game Boy.
Back to top Go down
teenbrony7388
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
teenbrony7388

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon discussion and talk   Pokémon discussion and talk I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 11:07 pm

I wanna start playing FireRed again, but long ago, in my blindness, i gave the game to her.

I've heard that B&W aren't that good. I'll try B&W2.
Back to top Go down
cryocon

PostSubject: my turn   Pokémon discussion and talk I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 1:09 am

I had started at the beginning with red version. I got it corrupted where my game was deleted and couldn't save as a result of catching missingno and giving it rare candies. So I then got yellow and trained a nidoking, zapdos, and mewtwo to level 100. I had gold and crystal in gen 2. I initially didn't enter gen 3 because of I could transfer my gen 2 pokemon, that was until my friend convinced me to play pokemon xd gale of darkness, then I got saphire. gen 4 I got diamond (twice), platinum and heartgold (of which I'm currently in a Nuzlocke challenge). Now I have white and I finally completed the pokedex. Now who is excited for black 2 and white 2.
Back to top Go down
Duskfall
Admin
Admin
Duskfall

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon discussion and talk   Pokémon discussion and talk I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 1:24 am

While I don't really enjoy either the anime or the games, I do enjoy the premises of the Pokemon world. Anyone ever make up a random Pokemon league?
I have.

Instead of 8 gym leaders, there are only 6. However, in every gym battle, there is usually some sort of twist to the battle, the main one being that you team of six pokemon all have to fight at the same time. In the final battle, you don't battle an Elite Four. You battle the previous gym leaders, this time you need 5 buddies because there are going to be a whooping total of 72 pokemon battling in the area. Get your teamwork caps on people.
Back to top Go down
Duskfall
Admin
Admin
Duskfall

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon discussion and talk   Pokémon discussion and talk I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 9:42 pm

Do you need type specific pokemon to be a gym leader?
Back to top Go down
Nintenbrony
Admin
Admin
Nintenbrony

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon discussion and talk   Pokémon discussion and talk I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 9:53 pm

Actually, I was thinking of a more beneficial solution for gym leaders. 4 Pokemon with that type (duo types allowed), and two other Pokemon of your choice. It's just so you have an advantage. I mean, someone brings all ground-types to your electric gym. What now?

Anyways, for the challenger, how does this rule sound? "challenger cannot have three pokemon on their team of the same type?" Back to the electric gym example, I can't have 3 ground types (even if one is a secondary type).
Back to top Go down
https://nintenbrony.forumotion.com
Duskfall
Admin
Admin
Duskfall

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon discussion and talk   Pokémon discussion and talk I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 11:14 pm

1v1! Com'n ya ponsies! Bring it on!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon discussion and talk   Pokémon discussion and talk I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokémon discussion and talk
Page 1 of 1